We’ve taken inspo from Deliciously Ella’s Vegan Sri Lankan Curry Recipe. Although slightly tweaked using our Golden Lo Han Guo instead of sweetened with Maple Syrup.
Pre-heat oven to 240° (fan 220°)
Place the sweet potato and butternut squash on a baking tray. Add a pinch of salt, 2 tbsp of coconut oil, the turmeric, cinnamon, chilli and curry powder. Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes or once soft. Add the sliced peppers for the last 10 minutes. Remove and place to the side.
Meanwhile, place a heavy based pan over a medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Once hot add the cumin seeds and black mustard seeds. Cook for 30 seconds, until they begin to pop.
Add to the pan the red onion, garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Next add the coconut milk and Golden Lo Han Guo | 25% Mogroside V. Cook for a further 15 minutes.
Add the roasted squash, sweet potatoes and peppers and cook for 5 more minutes. Stir continuously to ensure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
Finally take off the heat and add the spinach. Allow the spinach to wilt before serving.
Deliciously Ella’s tip is to make double the amount and then you can freeze for another day. You can cook straight from the freezer, place in the oven at 200° for 20-25 minutes.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & cut into small chunks
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled & cut into small chunks
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp medium curry powder
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 3 garlic gloves
- 2 green chillis, deseeded and sliced
- 1 x 400g tin coconut milk
- 2 scoops Golden Lo Han Guo | 25% Mogroside V
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 100g baby spinach
- Pinch of salt